- September 28, 2015
- Posted by: Chris Martin
- Category: General Information
After a season of intense heat, we anxiously await the cool relief of fall. The heat, storms, wind, and hail of summer can take a hefty toll on a roof without a homeowner even noticing – so we have compiled a few tips to help you ensure your roof will protect you all season long.
- Trim trees away from the roof line or from overhanging the roof. Branches can brush against roofs and remove or damage shingles, and cause excess debris to build on the roof.
- Clear gutters of debris. Clogged gutters can host invasive insects and vermin, and frozen blockages can burst gutters and their fixtures.
- Check for missing or damaged shingles, and replace any affected areas. Summer’s heat and storms can take a silent toll on your roof.
- Have your roof professionally inspected. Roof damage can often go unseen by the untrained eye, so it is important to have a professional ensure the security of your roof.
To start preparing your roof for fall, call us today at 316-210-9543! Our expert roofers are trained in industry leading techniques to service your gutters, shingles, metal roofing, and all types of storm damage. Your roof is your home’s first line of defense – trust the experienced roofers at Dolphin Construction and Remodeling with this important asset!